Userid & Initial Password
Get your user name, initial password and email address.
If you're a new student and do not know your NSU user name, initial password and email address, please visit Student Information Lookup.
You'll be required to enter your First Name, Last Name and Student ID. You can obtain your student ID number from your student ID card or your student registration statement.
Change your initial network password.
Your network password will be used to access MyNSU, email, lab computers, and wireless.
- Go to myPass and select Change my Password.
- Enter your user name and initial password. Click the Logon button.
- Set your new password and then click the Change Password button.
- Create a network password reset profile.
- Go to myPass and select Create/Edit my Profile.
- Enter your user name and your new password.
- Click the Logon button.
- Provide answers to 3 questions of your choice.
- Click the Update button when finished.
Once updated, if you forget your network password in the future you will be able to go to myPass and select Reset my Password.
Login to MyNSU
- Go to the MyNSU login.
- If prompted for your User Name and Password please enter your email address (for example: email@example.com ) in the User Name field, your network password and click the Log In button.
- Login to your student e-mail account.
- While you are in MyNSU on the upper left-hand side of the screen you will see the image for NSU Student Outlook Live eMail.
- Click on the image.
- The Outlook Web App window will appear the first time you login. Please select (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) for the Time Zone.
- Click the OK button.
- You will then have access to your mailbox.
For general help and information regarding your e-mail account please visit: http://help.outlook.com.
Configure your self-service password reset profile for your Windows Live ID/email.
It is important for you to setup a password reset profile for your email. You will need this profile to maintain your email account once you are no longer an active student at NSU.
- Please visit http://account.live.com .
- If prompted to login, login with your Windows Live ID (your email address) and your network password.
- Once logged in you will be on the Account overview page. Under the section Account security click on Manage.
- On the Manage security info page, you will be presented with several options for self-password reset in the event you forget what your Windows Live ID/email password is.
- You may enter a mobile phone number, email, question, etc.
- Once you make your choices click the Save button.