Skip to main content

Transfer Credits

Transfer Credits to NSU

Norfolk State University accepts up to 90 credits in transfer credit from military transcripts, institutional colleges/universities, and up to 30 credits transfer from CLEP/DSST examinations. All of these entities combined together assists in completing a degree in less time.

You will need to have your military transcripts evaluated for transfer credits at Norfolk State University. Supporting documents are sometimes needed.

Department of Defense Schools

Many Department of Defense schools, such as Defense Language Institute and other military schools like Air Force Institute of Technology and National Cryptologic School, issue their own transcripts. If you attended any of these specialized schools, you must request an official transcript from the school in addition to your other military records.

Related Links

Marines, Navy, & the Reserves

Air Force


Coast Guard