| Campus Visit Opportunities|
The best way to learn about the Infinite Possibilities available at Norfolk State University is through a visit to our beautiful campus. You may choose to participate in a campus tour or to attend one of our First View events.
Please take quick survey. Click here!
First View is an open house style event, held once in the fall semester and once in the spring semester, that allows prospective students to experience our exciting campus. During First View, sessions are provided by our academic programs and the Office of Financial Aid. In addition, students have the opportunity to meet with an admissions representative and participate in on-site admissions.
First View is being hosted on Saturday, March 1, 2014 beginning at 9:00 a.m. in the Wilder Performing Arts Center. Register to attend today!
Campus tours are hosted by the NSU Student Ambassadors. A visit to campus will include an information session and a walking campus tour. Tours are available throughout the year except for holidays, student registration, midterm exams, final exams and University breaks.
Campus Tour Schedule (September - April)
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Group Tours (Groups of 7 or more guests):
Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m.
Campus Tour Schedule (May - August)
Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 11:00 a.m.
Group Tours (7 or more guests):
Monday – Thursday 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m..
|Scheduling Your Campus Tour|
Spartan Tours are designed for families and individuals interested in Norfolk State University. Spartan Tours include an information session by an NSU Admissions representative that provides an overview of the academic programs, admissions process, financial aid and scholarships. Please submit a campus tour request form at least one week prior to the desired date of your tour.
Group tours are available for school, community and church groups of 7 guests or larger. The campus experience may be tailored to the group's needs. If there are any special requests or special needs, please include this on your request form. All group tour requests must be submitted at least one month in advance by completing a campus tour request form. Requests received after this timeline may not be approved.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour.
- If you will be more than 15 minutes late for your scheduled time, please contact 757-823-8396 immediately. We will make every effort to accommodate late arrivals. However, in an effort to keep on schedule when arriving late, the family or group may be asked to complete a self-guided campus tour.
- Please allow 90 - 120 minutes for your visit. The information session includes a Q & A so exact time on campus is hard to determine. If you need to depart campus by a specific time, please share this with the Admissions representative and Student Ambassador.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- If there is inclement weather, please check to ensure the University is open prior to traveling to campus. Tours may be cancelled for unsafe weather conditions such as lightning or heavy winds.
- Fill out the Campus Tour Request Form
- If you have any questions, please contact Sade McDowell via email at email@example.com.
- An e-mail confirmation, including directions and a parking pass, will be sent to the e-mail address provided on your form within 72 hours of your request.