Skip to main content

Student Concerns


The Office of Academic Engagement handles academic student concerns rising to the Office of the Provost. For information on resolving non-academic concerns, please click here.

Student Complaint Process

Student concerns will be addressed according to published protocol. For academic concerns, students must begin by interacting directly with the instructor in a respectful, professional manner. Nearly all concerns can be resolved at the level of the instructor in a collegial conversation. The official process for addressing student concerns is located at the link below.

Please see the appropriate Student Resolution Form below, under the heading:  Student Resolution Forms.


In accordance with VAC 40-31-100 of the Virginia Administrative Code, the State Council of Higher Education of Virginia (SCHEV) is responsible for investigating all written and signed student complaints against post-secondary educational institutions in Virginia, once a student has exhausted all available grievance procedures at the University. Please review the attached link for additional information: SCHEV Student Complaints Page.

Student Resolution Forms