Photo Photo



The Dean of Students Office investigates and resolves complaints against Norfolk State University students and student organizations. The complaint must indicate a possible violation of the Code of Student Conduct

For complaints against faculty, contact the respective department chair (https://www.nsu.edu/provost/academic-administrators).   

Students are encouraged to contact the Dean of Students Office to discuss resolution options.  

In accordance with VAC 40-31-100 of the Virginia Administrative Code, the State Council of Higher Education of Virginia (SCHEV) is responsible for investigating all written and signed student complaints against post-secondary educational institutions in Virginia, once a student has exhausted all available grievance procedures at the University. Please review the attached link for additional information: SCHEV Student Complaints Page.

Student Complaints
For unresolved complaints concerning an incident involving the University, contact the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) at (804) 371-2285. The SCHEV student complaint process may be found at http://www.schev.edu/index/students-and-parents/resources/student-complaints.