| Facility Rules & Bowling Etiquette|
Failure to follow any of the rules can result in suspension of use of the bowling lanes.
- To gain access to Spartan Lanes you must show and swipe our current NSU student ID card at the front desk, or be an active faculty or staff member.
- Bowling shoes must be worn while bowling to prevent damage to the approach (floor).
- Socks are required to be worn when wearing rental bowling shoes.
- Keep your shoes clear of foreign matter to prevent slipping.
- Be ready to take your turn. Don’t make everyone wait.
- Control your emotions.
- No roughhousing.
- Roll the ball, don’t drop it!
- Yield to the bowler to your right if you’re both up at the same time.
- Don’t use someone else’s ball unless given permission. Use common courtesy.
- Re-rack your bowling balls after you are done playing.
- Men are required to give up 8, 9, or 10 pound bowling balls if needed by a women or child.
Food & Drinks
- Keep food and drinks off the approach.
- Please stay in the seating area of the alley while eating.
- If a spill occurs, please notify someone from the desk (tell them if the spill is in the seating area or on the approach) and don’t allow bowlers to walk through the spill.
- Throw only one (1) ball at a time to prevent ball or lane damage.
- Bowlers or guest are NOT to walk down the lanes for any reason.
- Stand off the approach and out of the line of sight of the other bowler until he/she finishes.
- Don’t step over the foul line. It’s against the rules and can also result in you tracking oil all over the approach, which is dangerous and ruins the enjoyment of the game for others.
- Do not intrude on the adjacent lanes in any way. That includes throwing your ball onto the wrong lane, standing or playing on another lane’s approach, or doing anything that infringes on the adjacent bowlers’ lane.