Tips for Commuter Students
- Get involved with the Commuter Students Association.
- Join a student organization.
- Stay on campus after classes...there are a lot of events scheduled in the evening.
- Make friends in the residence halls.
- Arrive on campus early to beat the traffic and find a good parking spot.
- If you are an incoming commuter / off– campus student, attend a pre-orientation program specially for commuter students to meet other commuters and learn all about being a Spartan, before the beginning of the school year.
- Use the Public Safety Escort Service if you are on campus late at night.
- Get to know your professors! They are your most important campus contacts. Make sure they are aware of any potential obstacles or special circumstance associated with your commuting lifestyle that could affect your classroom performance.