Tuition and Fees
Students can pay tuition and fees using the following:
- Credit card: we accept MasterCard, VISA or Discover Card
- Personal check (from a United States banking institution only)
- Money order
- Cashier's check Cash (U.S. dollars. Do not send cash by mail)
- Wire Transfer
Tuition and fees can be paid in person by visiting the Cashier’s Office, by placing payment in drop box, by telephone, by mail, or online by using MyNSU.
Payment Methods - Information
- Credit card payments can be made by calling (757) 823-8542 or through MyNSU.
- All checks and money orders should be made payable to Norfolk State University and must include the student’s name and NSU I.D. number. A $30 returned check fee will be assessed on all non-negotiable checks.
- If mailing payments, please allow one week for delivery time. Mail payments to the following address:
Norfolk State University
700 Park Avenue
Norfolk, Virginia 23504
- Wire Transfers must be coordinated through the Cashier's Office. Please call (757) 823-8545 for more information about how to utilize this option.
- Payments may be mailed or placed in the payment drop box (No Cash)located outside H. B. Wilson Hall on the East side of the building.
Payment Options for International Students
The University offers several options for paying tuition, fee, room and meal costs.
Option 1 - Make payment by cash, personal check, cashier's check, money order, credit card, or wire transfer.
Option 2 - Pay with a combination of cash, checks, credit cards, private loans, and/or scholarships.
Option 3 - Pay monthly through the AMS (a processing fee will be charged by AMS) annual or semester monthly payment plans. Benefits of this plan include:
*No burden of a lump sum payment if started early
*Manageable, interest-free installment payments
*Reduced need to borrow
*Tuition Insurance at no extra cost
*Plan combined with Financial Aid
There are two easy ways to enroll in the AMS Plan:
*BY MAIL: Obtain and complete an AMS Enrollment Form. Forms can be obtained from AMS or the Office of Student Financial Services.
*BY PHONE: Call an AMS Education Payment Counselor at (800) 635-0120. The AMS Payment Plan is available to all students who owe $250 or more.
Option 4 - Pay by selecting the NSU Spartan Payment Plan for the semester only. There is a $50 processing fee. Students make three payments under this plan: 50% of the remaining balance after financial aid is applied when students sign up for the Spartan Payment Plan, 25% in October and the final 25% in November. Students interested in the NSU Spartan Payment Plan should contact the Office of Student Financial Services at (757) 823-8381.
The 50% deposit for the NSU Spartan Payment Plan must be paid at the Cashier’s Office in order for the student to be sheltered from class cancellation.
Students interested in the NSU Spartan Payment Plan should visit the NSU website or contact the Office of Student Financial Services at (757) 823-8381.
Special payment arrangements are made for those students receiving tuition and fee assistance from non-University sources. In such cases, the outside agency must make the payment directly to Norfolk State University within 30 days of the billing date. In order to receive the special arrangements, the student must bring or send a letter of authorization from the granting agency to the Office of Student Financial Services, H. B. Wilson Hall, Room 130 prior to or at the time of registration.