What are some things I will need to do when I arrive to Norfolk?
- Get settled in your apartment or dormitory.
- Purchase basic necessities, like an alarm clock, sheets, blankets, and toiletries.
- Get your phone/internet connected, purchase a calling card, and phone home.
- Stop by the ISS office to complete your transfer (if applicable) or check-in.
- Take along your passport visa, I-94 card, and all I-20s issued to you.
- Bring dependents' I-94 cards and I-20s if applicable
- Open a bank account.
- Attend the General Orientation for all new NSU students and register for classes.
- Have your student ID card made at the Spartan Station.
- Pay your tuition, fees, and costs for room and board.
- Have money placed on your Spartan Card (student ID)
- Buy books at the Campus Bookstore, located in the Mills E. Godwin Center.
- Purchase a parking permit or bus pass if necessary.
- Locate your classes.
- Obtain your social security card (if working on campus).
- Apply for a driver's license or state ID through the VA DMV
- Activate your NSU email account and MyNSU (online registration ).
- Attend the New Student Orientation for international students (mandatory)
- and attend school social events/ join organizations to get connected.