Welcome to the Counseling Center. We are here for you.
The Counseling Center provides a range of free professional services to students wanting help with personal concerns. We provide individual and group counseling services. Students come to the Counseling Center for a variety of reasons such as problems adjusting to college, stress management, relationship problems, and depression.
In addition, Counseling Center staff members consult with members of the University community including students, parents, faculty and staff on various student life issues such as stress management and depression. A host of outreach programs and workshops are provided to students through the Counseling Center. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 823-8173 if you would like to speak to us directly about our services.
Sexual Misconduct Policy
NSU Guide for Responding to Sexual Misconduct (pptx)
The mission is to help students achieve their fullest academic potential by providing culturally sensitive counseling and facilitating student development through their matriculation at NSU. This occurs by:
- Recognizing that a student's academic performance is almost always impacted by personal history and environment.
- Respecting the dignity and self-worth of each student.
- Meeting students where they are regarding their counseling needs and facilitating the change process.
- Assisting students to identify their most practical and effective change agent.
- Serving as a mental health resource for the entire University community.
- Providing campus wide education about issues students may encounter that can challenge productivity as students grow in becoming engaged leaders and productive global citizens.
Our site is designed to provide you with information about our counseling services only and NOT intended to be a substitute for talking with a counselor. We do not counsel students via e-mail nor can we guarantee the confidentially of e-mail communication. The Counseling Center permits emails with students attending counseling solely for scheduling sessions and other services that we offer to students. So, please visit us in the Student Services Building, Room 312, or call us at 823-8173 for additional information.