BSW applicants must meet University requirements for admission. After successfully completing the first two years of pre-social work course requirements, students may apply to the Professional Program for the BSW degree. This is the official application process for admission to the professional phase of the Social Work Program.
Professional Program requirements are:
- Student must have completed the first two years of basic core requirements and pre-social work requirements.
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on the 4.0 scale (an overall average of C or better).
- Student must complete and submit all Professional Program application materials to the Director of the Baccalaureate Social Work Program.
Continued matriculation at the professional level of the Baccalaureate Program requires that the student:
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Maintain an average of 2.5 GPA in major courses.
- Must have earned a grade of C or better in designated courses as enumerated in the Social Work curriculum.
- Complete degree requirements in accordance with the University Catalog and School of Social Work Field Manual.
The Ethelyn R. Strong School of Social Work has the capability to deliver social work courses using on-line instruction, blended instruction, video conferencing face-to-face, and other non-traditional methods. These unique opportunities are an excellent choice for students who cannot easily travel to a university campus to pursue their Social Work degree. The School of Social Work provides educational programs that are fully accredited by Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) from an established, highly reputable university.
The prospective student may participate in courses from home, regional higher education centers, and other locations where Internet access is available. Distance students can use the university's resources, including the libraries, financial aid, and technology support. The courses delivered by distance methods are of the same quality as those taught on the main campus and are delivered by the same outstanding faculty. Distance education students experience engaging instruction, demanding workload and an interactive learning environment.