Spartan Success Center (SSC) Mentoring Program
The mission of the SSC Mentoring program is to provide a structured approach that enhances first-year and transfer students’ intellectual, personal, and social growth by guiding their efforts to adapt to campus life, reach academic and personal goals and develop interpersonal relationships.
Goals of the SSC mentoring program are to:
- Provide guidance with balancing academic, personal, and social activities.
- Provide information about Norfolk State University's resources, services, and activities.
- Provide information on college success strategies.
- Assist students with developing a positive identification with the University's community.
Intended Learning Outcomes - Mentees will:
- Establish relationships with NSU students, faculty, and staff.
- Be aware of resources and services that address students' academic and personal issue.
- Establish personal and academic goals.
- Be knowledgeable of core values and traditions of the University.
SSC Mentoring Toolbox -
Becoming a mentor for the SSC involves a very selective process that includes prospective mentors having:
- High academic achievement (an overall grade point average of 3.0 or better)
- A willingness to serve others
For more information, contact Dr. Robin Marable at:
Locations: Brown Memorial Hall Building, Room B191 or James Bowser Building, Room 121C
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00p.m.