Dr. Patricia Lynch Stith Student Success Center (PLSSSC) Mentoring Program
The mission of the PLSSSC mentoring program is to assist first year students with their transition to college by guiding their efforts to adapt to campus life and assisting with reaching academic and personal goals and developing interpersonal relationships.
Goals of the PLSSSC mentoring program are to:
- Provide guidance with balancing academic, personal, and social activities.
- Provide information about Norfolk State University's resources, services, and activities.
- Provide information on college success strategies.
- Assist students with developing a positive identification with the University's community.
Intended Learning Outcomes - Mentees will:
- Establish relationships with NSU students, faculty, and staff.
- Be aware of resources and services that address students' academic and personal issue.
- Establish personal and academic goals.
- Be knowledgeable of core values and traditions of the University.
SSC Mentoring Toolbox -
Becoming a mentor for the SSC involves a very selective process that includes prospective mentors having:
- High academic achievement (an overall grade point average of 3.0 or better)
- A willingness to serve others
For more information, contact Dr. Robin Marable at: (757) 823-2201
Location: Nursing and General Education Building, Suite 100
Hours of operation
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm