About the Center
The Spartan Success Center supports Norfolk State University's mission of transforming lives and communities by empowering a culturally diverse student population through a comprehensive educational plan that addresses academic engagement, educational commitment, self-efficacy, and campus engagement.
To provide a systematic approach designed to improve student achievement, increase retention, and reduce time to degree completion.
- Foster an open and responsive environment that encourages faculty and students to take an active interest and role in student success.
- Develop in each student the skills, attitudes, and beliefs necessary to foster an understanding of the process of learning to achieve academic, career and life goals.
- Work collaboratively with the campus community to promote student persistence and successful completion of the students' educational goals.
- Assess the effectiveness of the Success Center and evolve in response to student needs.
- To assist students in becoming more independent, self-confident and efficient learners.