Residential Counselor Application for S.P.A.R.C.
Would you like to work with freshmen students this summer? If you are outgoing, energetic, enthusiastic, and academically successful, then you are the one we are looking for to fill the position as Residential Counselor. The position is open to all upperclassmen who qualify with the requirements below:
- Must be a full-time, undergraduate student at NSU (Sophomore with at least 45 credit hours, Junior or Senior)
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must have previously resided in the University Housing for at least one full year
- Must have no Disciplinary Hold on record
- Must not hold any other employment off campus while serving in this position
- Must stay on the campus during work hours
- Must attend all evening and extra-curricular activities for the duration of the Summer Bridge Program
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The Residential Counselor should have thorough knowledge of university resources, student support services, and university housing rules and procedures. Successful applicants will have to participate in staff development and training sessions.
Please visit our office in the Bowser Building, Suite 121 to pick up an application or download by clicking HERE. A completed application packet must include the Residential Counselor application and two referral letters from any faculty and/or staff member at NSU required. Please contact Mrs. Herrmann at 823-2761 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.