Welcome to the Norfolk State University Testing Center
NSU Testing Center Mission Statement
In support of the University’s mission, the Norfolk State University Testing Center strives to support the development and implementation of a rigorous system of placement and diagnostic testing for incoming students; facilitate administration of University-wide and academic degree program specific achievement tests; ensure the quality, validity and integrity of tests and test procedures; and offer a wide variety of professional/career certification examinations and proctoring services to NSU students and Hampton Roads residents; in an effort to improve student persistence and achievement, strengthen the academic quality of general education and degree programs, enhance faculty expertise in educational testing and measurement, and contribute to building an entrepreneurial culture on campus.
The testing center is equipped with over 40 computers in a quality test environment with state of the art workstations and test security systems. The testing center provides admissions testing for prospective students, in addition to computer-based and paper-based testing to support ongoing assessment of continued student learning.
What to Expect When You Visit the Test Center
- Outstanding and supportive customer service by qualified proctors
- A clean, comfortable and quiet test environment that is conducive to optimal test- taker performance
- Collaboration between test center staff, faculty and administration to ensure that students receive tests and exams in compliance with educational and professional standards.
• HESI A2 - for prospective nursing students – Register at NSU Nursing Department
• National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) – Scheduled by the NSU Office of Institutional Research, Assessment, and Planning
• Proficiency Profile – Scheduled by NSU Office of Institutional Research, Assessment, and Planning
• Blackboard Exams – Scheduled by NSU Test Center in collaboration with faculty
Testing Center Policies
- Testing is by appointment only
- Testing fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable
- You must show valid picture ID (student ID, state-issued driver’s license or ID, military ID, or passport)
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled start time to allow for check-in
- If you arrive after the start of an exam you may be required to reschedule
- Only authorized test materials are allowed in the Testing Center.
- Scratch paper will be provided by the Testing Center and must be turned in after completion of the test.
- To maintain and enhance the integrity of the center and test-takers, the following items are not allowed in the Testing Center:
- Cell phones
- Flash drives
- IPods/Mp3 players
- Scratch paper, smartphones, notebooks, notepads, etc.
- Food or beverages
Testing results cannot be given over the phone
For more information or to schedule a test center appointment please contact the Testing Center Administrative Support Coordinator, Myra Rogers.
Hours: M-F 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm-5:00 pm
Location: Wilson Hall, 133 | Norfolk State University, 700 Park Avenue, Norfolk VA 23504
The NSU O.A.S.I.S office upholds the mandates of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the American's with Disabilities Act which prohibits discrimination of individuals with disabilities and ensures that students with documented disabilities are afforded reasonable accommodations so they have equal access to campus classes, activities, and resources.