01.001: Formulating and Issuing a University-Wide Policy - pdf
The document must include the following FIVE primary sections as a minimum. Other sections deemed necessary (such as definitions) may be added to the document.
A. Header Information
- Appropriate reference number and a short title for the policy and procedure (see the policy on policy numbering system 01.002)
- Responsible executive and responsible office
- Approved on date and effective date
- Reference number of any related policies
B. Policy Statement
- States Norfolk States University’s position, values, and beliefs on various topics.
- Provides the logic for the policy, and describes the expected outcomes.
- Establishes legal and ethical evaluative criteria for assessing appropriateness of actions.
- Describes why this policy has been developed.
- Identifies the participants and their responsibilities, lines of authority, and the materials and documents needed to carry out the policy.
- Specifically describes protocols, practical methods, or step-by-step instructions, explaining how to carry out the policy.
- The footer should contain the policy reference number and its short title
- The policy should also be paginated as shown in the template