01.001: Formulating and Issuing a University-Wide Policy - pdf
Under the direction of the responsible executive, an office wishing to propose a new policy must:
- Draft a policy statement, a reason for the policy, and an impact statement.
- Submit these documents to the responsible executive who will then submit them to the Executive Cabinet for review and approval.
- Upon approval, establish an editorial group to formulate the entire document using the University’s policy template.
- Present the policy document to the responsible executive who will then seek its final approval from the Executive Cabinet. It is imperative that new or revised policy and procedure drafts be circulated to all interested parties, both individual and groups, for review and comments.
- To ensure that new policy and procedure statements, and revisions thereof, are reviewed properly, a signature page containing the names of the reviewers should accompany the policy through the approval process.