High School Students
How to Enroll:
1) Apply to Norfolk State University.
2) When registering for classes, enroll in MSL 101 and MSL 101D (if starting in the spring semester, register for MSL 102 and 102D).
3) Contact the Recruiting Operations Officer to set up an appointment to fill out the required enrollment paperwork.
**Students do not incur any service obligation to the United States Army by registering for these classes and enrolling in the Basic Course.
Scholarships (For High School Students):
The National High School Scholarship. Every year, Cadet Command awards 3 and 4 year scholarships to deserving high school students who are interesting in joining Army ROTC and becoming an officer in the United States Army. These scholarships are highly competitive and awarded based on merit and grades, not financial need. The scholarship benefits include Tuition and Fees OR Room and Board, $1200.00 annually for books, and a monthly stipend for the months that a student is attending class. The window to apply is February of a student's junior year through January of their senior year (see www.goarmy.com/rotc/high-school-students for specific deadlines).
Requirements for the Army ROTC scholarship:
- U.S. Citizen
- Between 17 and 26 years of age
- Cumulative GPA of at last 2.5
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 920 (Math and Verbal) on the SAT or 19 (excluding writing test scores) on the ACT
- Meet physical standards
- Agree to accept a commission
Apply for the National Scholarship at www.goarmy.com/rotc/high-school-students.
**If offered a scholarship, a Cadet must pass the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT), pass a DOD physical exam, and agree to accept a commission by signing a contract in order to start receiving scholarship benefits.
The ROCKS, Inc. 4-Year Scholarship. The ROCKS, Inc. administers a limited number of Army 4-year scholarships to students attending Historically Black College/Universities and all other schools having ROTC programs. For more information visit the scholarship page at the ROCKS, Inc. website.