The Fleet Management department provides quality transportation and vehicle management service by operating in a safe, timely, orderly and courteous manner for the University, State agencies and guests in support of the University mission.
University employees who need a motor vehicle to perform official University business may reserve a vehicle by calling Facilities Services at 823-8947 and filling out the Fleet Management Vehicle Registration Form. Vehicles are available on a first come/first served basis. Reservations should be made as far in advance as possible. All efforts will be made to provide the customer with their particular request.
Fleet Management requires a minimum of 24 hour notice for cancellations.
Picking Up a Vehicle
Pick up the keys to a reserved vehicle and execute the rental agreement in Room 112 of Facilities Management. The Motor Pool hours are from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please note: A valid driver's license for all drivers must be shown at time of pick up. After obtaining the keys and executing the rental agreement, the vehicle can be picked up at within the motor pool compound adjacent to the Facilities Management building.
Returning a Vehicle
From 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, return the Motor Pool vehicle, keys and information pouch to room 112. After 5:00 p.m.; return the vehicle to lot 14 near the Facilities building. Lock the vehicle, and place the keys and information pouch in the fleet mailbox.
Rules and Regulations
Fleet Management vehicles are for the use of Norfolk State University employees in performing their official duties. All Fleet Management Division owned vehicles are to be used in accordance with applicable regulations.
General Rules Regarding Use of Fleet Management Vehicles
Fleet Management vehicles are for the use of Norfolk State University employees in performing their official duties. All Fleet Management Division owned vehicles are to be used in accordance with applicable regulations. Following are some major points from those guidelines:
- Authorized drivers of Fleet Management Vehicles must be Faculty or Staff persons with valid Driver’s License.
- It is the responsibility of the driver to operate Fleet Management Vehicles in compliance with the Motor Vehicle Laws of Virginia.
- Each Fleet Management Vehicle is assigned a VOYAGER credit card; this card must not be used with any other vehicle except the one to which it is assigned.
- The VOYAGER credit card may be used at commercial stations (EXXON, TEXACO, BP etc.).
- *Each Fleet Management Vehicle is assigned a blue plastic credit card; this card is to be used only at Department of Highways and Transportation facilities. This card IS NOT to be used at commercial stations.
- Under NO circumstances should the VOYAGER credit card or blue plastic credit cards be used to secure gas, services and repairs for personal automobiles.
- When repairs are performed and payment is made by use of the credit cards, the driver should obtain an itemized statement showing charges for parts and labor.
- All delivery tickets for gas, service and repairs must be submitted at the time the vehicle is returned.
- The driver’s signature should appear on all delivery tickets for gas, service or repairs.
- The vehicle should be returned in the same general condition in which it was accepted.
Additionally the following guidelines must be adhered to:
- It is unlawful to use a state-owned vehicle for any private purpose.
- Under no circumstances operate a vehicle while under the influence of intoxicating beverages, drugs or substances. Do not transport these items.
- Parking and speeding citations are the responsibility of the driver.
- Hitchhikers are not allowed to ride in any state-owned vehicle
- Individuals not employed by the state are not allowed to drive state-owned vehicles.
- Smoking is NOT allowed in state-owned vehicles.
- Cellular telephone use is prohibited unless used with a hands free device.
- *There is a Department of Highways and Transportation Directory of Motor Vehicles service facilities in each Fleet Management Vehicle.
- Violation of General Rules Numbers 3, 5 and 6, may result in financial reimbursement to the University.
Emergency Telephone Numbers
Facilities Management Motor Pool (757) 823-8947 or 823-8107 8am – 5 pm M-F
Voyager Client Services (800) 987-6591 For fueling questions only. Not for roadside assistance.