SpartanBucks is a prepaid-stored-value account that's part of your SpartanCard. It is the convenient, cashless way to pay for purchases on and off campus. The campus area's most popular businesses accept SpartanBucks. SpartanBucks never expire and can be used, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
You can make deposits to your SpartanBucks account:
- Online using financial aid funds during allotted time periods via MyNSU (SpartanCard Authorization)
- By calling the NSU Cashiers office at (757) 823-8545 using cash, check, credit or debit
- At the AMC machine located in the Student Center using cash only; or
For further questions concerning where or how to make deposits contact the Spartan Card office at (757) 823-9479.
Checking Your SpartanCard Balance and Transactions
To check your SpartanCard balance log onto https://spartancard-sp.blackboard.com/eaccounts
You have to register on this site before you can gain access.
After the first part of registration you will receive a confirmation email in which you must click the link in your email or copy and paste the link into the address window and finish the registration process.
The customer number is your 7-digit student ID number. If you are looking at you ID card you will see you an 11-digit card number ex: 00XXXXXXX30 the 7 X's represent your customer number.
The University will refund the remaining balance on your SpartanBucks account upon one of the following conditions:
- There is at least a minimum balance of $5 remaining on the card
- Graduation or separation from the University
- Your completion of a refund request, which can be obtained from the Spartan Card office during regular business hours or from the Refund Request form
- The address on file with the University is a valid address
Your refund will be sent to you in the form of a check from the University. Please allow 4-6 weeks from time of processing.