Forms Review & Requirements
Once the University has electronically received the student's information, submission of certain documents may be necessary in order to complete the process.
The Financial Aid Office literally receives thousands of documents from students and parents, therefore, in order to achieve timely processing of the information:
- Have the student's name and student ID number placed on each page of the document. If more than 1 family member is applying for
financial aid, all names and student ID numbers can be placed on each document, and 1 (set of) documents can be submitted for
the entire family.
- Be attentive in submitting the correct documents. (Do not submit a W-2 form when a federal tax form is requested.)
- Documents should be for the correct year as requested.
- Documents should be the correct type as requested. (Do not submit a state tax form when a federal form is requested.)
- All documents must be signed where appropriate.
- All documents should be legible.
Who Receives & Processes Your Documents
Because of the volume of students that apply for financial aid, the documentation process is divided according to the alphabet of the student's last name.
Student's Last Name Begins:
To check the status of your documents, you may send an e-mail message to the processors above, or you may contact the Financial Aid Office at 757-823-8381. The telephone lines are available Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM.