Currently Active Projects
(Defined in 2013)
- Ultra-fast and ultra-strong gain in metamaterials (with Cornell).
- Parametric amplification of Surface Plasmon Polaritons (with U Michigan).
- Plasmon-electron and electron-plasmon coupling and control (partly with U Michigan).
- Nanostructured plasmonic materials: from bottom up (with Cornell and now with U Michigan).
- Control of classical and quantum phenomena with hyperbolic metamaterials (partly with Purdue).
- Linear and nonlinear properties of TiN – non-metallic plasmonic material (with Purdue).
Emerging Research Projects
(Extension of current projects)
- Tunable hyperbolic metamaterials (with Cornell; PREM / IGERT collaboration).
- “Bottom up” plasmonic components: layer by layer films (with U Michigan).
- Hyperbolic metasurfaces (with Purdue).