Students will follow Option 1 then seek specific endorsement. (e.g., teachers’ licensure)
Teacher Licensure Endorsement
Students wishing to pursue a career in teaching must take the following steps:
- Follow the curriculum for the Bachelor of Science degree in Biology.
- Use the elective hours for professional courses.
- See the academic advisor in their major department.
- See the academic advisor in the Department of Secondary Education and School Leadership in the Bozeman Education Building, Room 200.
- Take the PRAXIS test and make a passing score. (See the School of Education PRAXIS coordinator, JBB 125.)
- Take the following professional education courses (18 semester hours) and complete student teaching (12 semester hours).
SED 201 American Schools and the Teaching Profession
SED 233 Seminar in Assessment and Evaluation
SED 380 Foundations of Methods in Secondary Schools
SED 384 Teaching of Mathematics and Sciences in Secondary Schools
SED 486 Educational Psychology and Behavior Management
SED 499 Directed Teaching and Seminar