Skip to main content

The NSU Legacy Lives On

by Communications and Marketing -

BHR Ribbon Cutting Ceremony

A ribbon-cutting ceremony and reception were held Aug. 17-18 for the new Business and Humanities Multiplex, the final addition to the NSU quad. The new building replaces G.W.C. Brown Memorial Hall, first known as Tidewater Hall, where NSU students received their education since 1955.  During the two-day special event, dozens of people from the Norfolk State campus community including members of the Brown family, businesses, civic groups and the community at-large joined NSU officials for a ceremony Aug. 17, to unveil Donor Legacy Walls – two walls of personalized nameplates purchased by alumni, friends, staff and NSU supporters that are prominently displayed in two areas of the new facility. The second event, held on Aug. 18, featured tours of the 154,000 square-foot building with classrooms of the future and a new performing arts theater. The new building will also serve as the home of the College of Liberal Arts, the Ethelyn R. Strong School of Social Work and the School of Business.