Skip to main content

Applying for VA Education Benefits

How to Apply

If you are a new student who is planning to use VA education benefits while attending Norfolk State University, you must submit an application to the VA in order to use your benefits.  You can apply for VA education benefits using one of the following methods:

  • Apply online at  if you know which benefit you want to use.
  • Visit your nearest VA regional office to apply in person.
  • Consult with the NSU VA Certifying Official in the Military Services and Veterans Affairs Office.
  • Call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (888-442-4551) to have the application mailed to you.